Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Work, training and life in general delay important posts

Finally posting again after what seems like a long time. Hmmmm 2 months, yes that qualifies as a long time. As far as stuff goes not a huge amount has happened. I have logged a lot of kilometres running in preparation for the Adelaide Marathon which is this Sunday, the 30th August. My first goal is just to finish but to be truthful I would like to get somewhere near 3 hours 30 mins or at least closer to that than 4 hours.

To try and make the marathon happen I have had to give swimming the flick for the time being and reduce my riding time as well. The weather has been pretty atrocious for cycling with some amazing winds. I think I was mentally scarred by a couple of Saturday rides with a strong northerly. I tried to avoid it but ended punishing myself by tackling a 4km hill climb with some 10+% gradient sections directly into the wind and the last 4 km of the ride was directly into the wind on an incline with a short 200m climb but a 14-15%gradient. I have not been on the road since then and that was a month ago. Recovery rides on the trainer have been all I have done on the bike since.

I have purchased a new toy, a Garmin 310XT, which has been a lot of fun to play with preparing for the Adelaide Marathon. I will write a post about its uses and functionality

No comments:

Post a Comment