Thursday, August 27, 2009

All runs done, big day on Sunday

Well the training is over and I have a day off tomorrow and then 42kms on Sunday. I am quite nervous but looking forward to the experience. I am expecting to be in a fair bit of pain for the first few days after the event but the suffering is all part of the fun.

This week has been very light on as far as kms go, just having done around 20 since Monday and two days of no running. The cold I got has been pretty light but I have still taken a fair bit of Echinacea and Vitamin C. All of my training runs have seemed hard even when my heart rate has been low and my pace seems to have spiked my heart rate quickly. I think it will be best to aim for 3.45 to 4 hours on Sunday rather than go quicker but I know that I get caught up in the excitement at the start but 42kms is along way.

Today I just did some laps of the Strathalbyn Footy Oval at lunchtime at the pace that felt comfy. The laps were around 440 metres and I was averaging 2.08 or just 5 mins per km. It was very hard to slow down as this seemed the most normal pace to be at.

Will hopefully post a report on the race on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment